Dance - Kathak by Vaishnavi
Kathak is categorized as one of the major dance forms of the six Indian Classical Dances.
Deriving its name from the Sanskrit word ‘Katha’ which means ‘story’, this dance form originated to portray the story of famous Indian epics, Mahabharata and Ramayana.
Today, this dance form is learned by all age groups to bring grace and agility in their dancing skills.
Salient features of a successful Kathak training program
- Practice safe dancing with a crisp warm up and a gradual cool down.
- Control your breath; prepare your mind and body for dance.
- Study your roots and keep revising your basics.
- To move with speed and grace, work on the accuracy of technique.
- Discuss dance with intelligence; theory is an important part.
- Evolve and innovate as a Kathak dancer.
Details of Corses
- Batch 1 –
- The age group of 5 to 8 and Age group 9 to 13
- Batch 2 –
- The age group of 14 to 18 and above.
- 2 days class in week – Mostly weekdays