You also represent that you are an individual and not a corporation.
YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICE SHALL MEAN THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS. By accessing or using any Website or Services you also represent that you have the legal authority as per applicable law (including but not limited to age requirement) to accept the Terms on behalf of yourself and/or any other person you represent in connection with your use of the Site or Services. If you do not agree to the Terms, you are not authorized to use the Site or Services.
The Company reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time by posting the amended Terms. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the site or Services after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. In addition, when using any particular services, you may be subject to any posted guidelines, rules, product requirements or sometimes additional terms applicable to such services. All such guidelines, rules, product requirements or sometimes additional terms are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms.
The terms ‘Guruschools,’ ‘us,’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website with the company registration number of U80301KA2011PTC056734, registered in US at the address below:
7 Julie Ct, Somerset, NJ 08873, USA
The term ‘you’ refers to the user(s) or viewer(s) of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
Whenever referring to the software third party companies such as Tableau or SAS Institute, the phrases “Tableau Software”, “SAS Software”, “by Tableau” or “by SAS Institute” are mentioned. The use of the logo or any other third party-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not imply any ownership of the logo/symbol/images.
All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Guruschools prior written consent.
We as a merchant shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any transaction, on the account of a purchaser or cardholder having exceeded the preset limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time.
By filling out any forms on this website or logging in using your social login, you agree to receive reminders through email and/or SMS.
Guruschools may also send you promotional emails/SMSes, to which you can unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe option given or by sending an email to info@Guruschools.com. You will be unsubscribed within 30 days.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of India or other regulatory authority.
University programs such as the IPBA, PGPDM and the in-person component such as Bootcamps, Master Certificate in Cyber Security (Red Team) with HackerU are governed by their own T&C which will supersede any terms outlined below. Please ask the admissions or support team for the course specific T&C, FAQ or Handbook.
Installment Payment Policy
Installment payments are available at Guruschools discretion when you purchase certain courses or combinations of Guruschools courses. When available, the installment payment schedule will be outlined in the offer letter/over email communication
Failure to pay installments on or before the due date will lead to Guruschools revoking your access to all courses in your purchased combination of courses. We will reinstate your course access only upon full payment of the overdue installment(s). We reserve the right to levy late payment fees. We may also discontinue the course and refuse further access if fees not paid on time.
As of September 2020, we offer 1 week of grace period around the payment, as per the program. After the grace period, the access is blocked and a late fee of INR 5,000 including GST is charged to the user. The late fee and grace period may be changed and will be updated in the Terms.
Course access period
As of September 2020, the access period varies between 3 months to 22 months. The maximum period of access for any course is 22 months.
For select courses sold before 2020:
For Integrated Program in Analytics (IPA) the course has lifetime access which is defined as 3 years. Guruschools defines the lifetime of a course as 3 years, after which the course is typically updated and the older course is no longer available. Initial access will be given for a period of 24 months and every successive access allotment will be done only upon a written request from you. Access of additional 12 months based on request. Send an email to training@Guruschools.com to request for an extension of the course.
We reserve the right to modify access as per the company’s discretion. We may also terminate or retire a course if the content becomes outdated and we no longer offer the course. Access to the terminated courses will be removed from users. We will provide a minimum of one months’ notice in such cases.
You can take paid extension in access period in certain circumstances. Access extension can be taken only 1 month before the official access period ends.
Extension can be given only upon a written request. Management reserves the right to accept or reject extension request on case to case basis.
Extension can be up to three months only. Extension cannot be provided beyond a period of three months from the initial course access close date under any circumstance.
If a user does not access GLC (Guruschools Learning Center) for over a month, Guruschools reserves the right to deactivate his/her user id temporarily.
If a user does not access GLC for over 3 months, Guruschools reserves the right to block his/her user id for inactivity, and re-activation charges may apply.
Course Access and Duration
All our courses have a shelf life and are disabled once the content becomes less relevant or in case of any changes in third party agreements such as SAS, IBM or other partners. Guruschools reserves the right to discontinue the course at the end of the shelf life of the course or end of the agreements in such cases.
Each program and course have specific Course/Program Duration and Access Duration.
The Course Duration or Program Duration is the period during which the you may access online or in-person instructor led classes (if applicable for your courses), faculty support, technical support and have the ability to get certified for the course or program.
After the Course Duration or Program Duration ends, students are neither eligible for faculty support nor certification.
The Access Duration is the period during which the students have access to Guruschools Learning Center. Access Duration is a longer access to JLC, than Course Duration/ Program Duration . The period when Course Duration/ Program Duration has ended but Access Duration is valid, is meant for students to review the content for their work and placement needs.
Duration for Course Duration, Program Duration and Access Duration may be changed at Guruschools discretion and the latest duration reflecting in JLC will be valid and supersede any early communication.
Course Cancellation & Refund Policy
By enrolling for any single or combination of Guruschools courses, whether purchased by you or a third party on your behalf, at full price or on a special offer, the refund policy will be as follows:
- The course specific pages have T&C that supersede the details in the Guruschools generic T&C page details in the current section.
- For Manipal Academy and Guruschools courses which have web-based instructor led online classes we offer a 100%-no-questions asked refund within 7 days of your initial payment, subject to conditions below
- The refund request needs to be communicated over email/ticket within 7 days of initial payment
- Less than 20% of course material accessed on LMS (JLC/EduNxt)
- All university partnership courses will be as per the agreed upon T&C for the course
- Postgraduate Diploma In Data Science, (PGD-DS)
- The refund will be as per the details in the course T&C
- IIM Indore certificate programs (IPBA, PADHR, PGCPPM)
- These courses are non-refundable
- University of Chicago’s PGPDM
- The course is non-refundable
- Postgraduate Diploma In Data Science, (PGD-DS)
- Other courses
- All other partner courses (HackerU Red team and Blue team), SAS courses, self-paced online courses and any other courses not listed herein are non-refundable
If a refund is sought for a combination of Guruschools courses that includes a course fee discount, the subsequent refund and course cancellation applies to all courses included in the combination. The refund request must be submitted before the 7 day, no questions asked refund period expires. No partial course cancellations apply to discounted combinations of courses.
A combination of courses as referred to in this document, can be, but is not limited to, those courses that are a part of a full stack program or specialization or a prescribed learning path suggested through the Guruschools Path Finder or by one of Guruschools education advisers, or through any special offer(s). The refund policy also applies to a combination of courses to be taken in series, whether or not the student has commenced one or more of the courses at the expiration of the refund policy.
If you purchase a combination of courses from our website at full price that are not a part of a full stack program or specialization or any other discounted Guruschools combination, then you can request a partial course cancellation or refund consisting of any individual course that you do not wish to continue or complete, provided you request the partial refund within the 7 days, no questions asked refund period following your purchase.
In case you are charged twice for the same transaction, the amount of one transaction will be refunded via the same source within 3 to 5 weeks.
For students who make a formal request within the first half of the course duration when live classes happen in-person or online, a student may be allowed to moved to a subsequent batch subject to the following conditions:
- The student provides a valid reason with proper documentation to the Head of Program (HOP) and the HOP agrees to the request.
- The batch change is not guaranteed and subject to seat availability in the new batch
- A maximum of one batch change allowed
- Next batch needs to be ideally within same FY or 6-month of original course
- The fees for the new batch will apply. In case of any increase in fees, the fee differential needs to be paid
- They will be unenrolled from existing batch and enrolled to new batch
- For long duration programs, the initial instalment plan will apply. At least 50% of the course fees must be paid before the student is allowed to join the next batch
- In addition, a batch change fees of 10% of the agreed course fees will apply
- The request period is within the first half of the course duration and not the access period. For instance, the Full Stack Data Science has a course duration of 4 months, and access period of 12 months. Batch change allowed for initial 2 months only
- After the first half of the course duration, batch changes are not permissible under any circumstances.
The certification criteria for each course is outlined in the offer letter/course page. Certification is a combination of:
- Completing graded assignments
- Completing a project and viva
For instance for the Data Science with SAS / Data Science with R / Guruschools Big Data Analytics
In order to receive certification for any of the above courses, the student must:
- Complete all graded assignments with a minimum score of 40%;
- Pass the online end of course certification exam with a minimum 50% score;
- Pass the viva and any other certification criteria applicable
If a student meets all criteria, Guruschools will initiate the certification process.
All graded assignments are clearly specified in the Guruschools Learning Center; they are different from practice, non-graded assignments, or practice assignments. Guruschools includes one end-of-course certification exam with the course fee.
Some courses do not allow for multiple attempts. In others, if a student requires a repeat of the end of course certification exam, an additional fee may apply for each repeat exam.
Student Integrity and Misconduct – Policy
Guruschools (hereafter “Academy”) is committed to excellence of learning experiences and outcomes for its students. It aims to provide a learning environment that fosters and instils in all students the qualities of independent scholarly learning, critical judgment, academic integrity and ethical sensitivity.
All community members share responsibility for maintaining the academic standing of the Academy.
Students have a responsibility to maintain the highest standards of academic integrity in their work and ensure they appropriately acknowledge the ideas, interpretations, words or creative works of others.
Students are also expected to maintain proper conduct and the highest standards for behaviour.
The objectives of this policy are to
- promote the principle of mutual respect by informing students of behaviour which the Academy community considers appropriate;
- discourage behaviour which the Academy community considers inappropriate;
- implement fair and just procedures for dealing with possible cases of misconduct; and
- provide for the imposition and enforcement of penalties for misconduct.
Student Misconduct Definition of academic misconduct
Academic misconduct is conduct on the part of a student (including conduct during practicums or placements in their capacity as a student of the Academy) that
- hinders the pursuit of academic excellence and includes cheating, collusion and plagiarism;
- seeks to gain for himself or herself, or for any other person, any academic advantage or advancement through the improper use of Academy facilities, information or the intellectual property of others; or
- constitutes research misconduct.
Without limiting the generality of section above, instances of academic misconduct include
- making a false representation as to a matter affecting a student as a student;
- tampering, or attempting to tamper, with examination scripts, class work, grades or class records;
- failing to abide by reasonable directions of a member of academic staff in relation to academic matters, including directions regarding individual responsibility for the submission of assessable work or any other direction by academic staff relating to the undertaking of courses or assessment at the Academy;
- acquiring, or attempting to acquire, possess, or distribute examination materials or information without approval;
- impersonating another student, or arranging for anyone to impersonate a student, in an examination or other assessment task;
- giving to the Academy a document that the Academy requires of the student (eg. medical certificate or other supporting documentation) which is false;
- altering group assessment work of participating students without the collaborating students’ consent; or
- failing to comply with a penalty imposed under this policy.
Definition of general misconduct
General misconduct is conduct on the part of a student that –
- impairs the reasonable freedom of others to pursue their studies, research, duties and other lawful activities in the Academy or on Academy land or sites or to participate in the life of the Academy; or
- amounts to improper use of Academy facilities or information or improper use of the property of others on Academy land or sites.
Without limiting the generality of section above, instances of general misconduct include conduct where a student is –
- behaving in a manner that prejudices the reputation of the Academy;
- engaging in unlawful or criminal activity on Academy land or sites;
- engaging in conduct contrary to the relevant placement policy, procedure or agreement during practicums or placements in their capacity as a student of the Academy;
- damaging or destroying Academy property (including without limitation library books, or computing hardware or software by deliberately releasing computer viruses or in some other way);
- misusing Academy facilities, systems and equipment, to engage in illegal activity or activity prohibited by the Academy’s rules and policies (eg. computer hacking or infringing copyright);
- stealing, removing or misappropriating Academy property or equipment;
- harassing, vilifying, bullying, abusing, threatening, assaulting or endangering staff, students or other members of the Academy’s community directly or by other means of communication;
- unreasonably disrupting staff or students or others from undertaking their normal activities at the Academy;
- failing to follow reasonable directions of an employee of the Academy;
- altering, falsifying or fabricating any document or record of the Academy (eg. altering an academic transcript);
- altering or falsifying any documentation that the Academy requires of the student (eg. medical certificate or other supporting documentation);
- divulging confidential or personal information relating to any Academy matter, staff member or student (eg. employment records, in-camera committee discussions) in circumstances where there is no reasonable or lawful excuse for doing so;
- behaving inappropriately in an activity (eg. in the virtual and physical environments such as e-learning sites, face to face classes or meetings), in a facility in or under the control or supervision of the Academy or a recognised Academy student association;
- refusing or is unable to identify him/herself or produce a Student ID card when asked to do so by an officer of the Academy (eg. security officer, examination invigilator);
- knowingly providing false or misleading information to staff of the Academy;
- using taped, recorded or videotaped lectures, tutorials or other classes in a way that infringes another person’s privacy or the Academy’s or any other person’s intellectual property rights (eg. by publishing or distributing a recording without permission); or
- failing to comply with a penalty imposed under this policy.
In accordance with the requirements of procedural fairness, students have the right to –
- have a case of alleged misconduct dealt with as promptly as possible;
- receive a copy of, or an opportunity to inspect, all relevant evidence held by the decision-maker;
- be given an opportunity to appear before the decision-maker to answer the allegation;
- appeal a decision to a designated person or body who is not the decision-maker.
Placement Terms & Conditions
The Guruschools placement cell helps the students in the following manner:
- CV Review
- Ready Question Bank for Job Interviews
- 1 preparatory interview and 2 additional mock interviews based on interview calls & job roles
- Distribution of CV with placement agencies and companies hiring from Guruschools
To be eligible for participation in the placement activities, students will need to meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of certification
- Successful completion of related assessments, assignments
There are several guidelines that students must follow to ensure there is no breach of trust with Guruschools or the company. To remain eligible for other potential interviews and not be disqualified from other placements activities, students must ensure:
- They must strictly keep the Guruschools placement cell copied on any communication with the company
- If Guruschools has forwarded a student’s resume for a company and the student is shortlisted for an interview, he/she should inform Guruschools of the same
- If the student decides not to appear for the test/interview, he/she should inform the placement cell as much in advance as possible and give adequate prior notice
- If the placement cell receives verified genuine feedback from the company that the students are not taking the process seriously which could include but is not limited to behaviour such as lack of punctuality, non-response to calls or emails, no-show for interviews and also fails to communicate this to Guruschools/the company, this will not be acceptable
- Once a student receives an appointment/offer letter it is assumed that the student will join the company. If the selected student does not join, then they should inform the placement cell immediately. Failure to communicate the same to Guruschools and the company will not be acceptable
- If the student rejects two job offers, then he/she cannot apply again and his/her name will be removed from the placement cell activities
Any queries on placements must be clarified through the placement cell only and not through any other departments or representatives of Guruschools.
Refer a Friend
- Referrer must submit lead (including at a minimum lead name and telephone number) either online or by contacting counsellor.
- This referral program is designed in such a way that All the referral bonus are designed for 10% of the course selling price will be given as referral bonus including discounts.
- What is mentioned about, applies to 1st enrolment. All referral amounts mentioned above are for the 1st program enrolled by the new referee
- Selling price is considered before GST and net of any discounts/scholarships
- For all the programs, your friend/friends should have enrolled within 60 calendar days from the date you have referred on this page, stating that you are referring them. This is in order to make sure that you get the benefit.
- If Guruschools receives the lead from multiple referrers, the referral fee will be paid only to the referrer who first submits the lead (indicated by the date of entry into the CRM)
- Your friend should not be an existing student or should not have made an enquiry in last 60 days. Referral Lead if exists in database would be verified, and upon inspection the referral could be accepted/rejected. Determining whether the customer is new is subject to the sole discretion of Guruschools.
- Referral amount can be claimed once your friend has purchased the course, made the payment as per the payment norms and crossed the money back guarantee period as per the program
- The referee must not cancel the order prior to the expiry of the money back guarantee and the order must not be returned or refunded
- The referrer is eligible for referral credit only on the first transaction of the new referee.
- Referral can only be processed as an amazon voucher and cannot be adjusted in any instalments, discounts in instalments or for a similar value complimentary course.
- Referral vouchers are non-transferable, and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit, or other course/program.
- This is a one-way referral campaign. Which means that the friend you are referring cannot refer you back for any program with us. For example, under no circumstances can A refer B and B refer A.
- In case of any dispute, the management reserves the right to the final decision.
- TDS and other taxes will be deducted as applicable.
Guruschools LMS is named Guruschools Learning Center i.e. Guruschools. For access on desktop or laptops, we recommend the current and first previous major releases of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- Firefox (please note Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash version 20 onward
For mobile app, the version supported is Android 4.0 (Ice cream Sandwich) or iOS 11.4 and above.
Guruschools Trademark Usage Terms
Guruschools® is a registered trademark of Guruschools LLP under the Trade Marks Act, 2020. The Guruschools logotype and logo mark may not be used in any commercial or marketing context other than as expressly permitted through explicit written permission from us. Unauthorized use of the logo is an infringement of the trademark rights and will result in penal action.